BrickSpeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrickSpeed

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please Visit our new forum at http://forums.brickspeed.net

How to remove instrument cluster?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrickBaller

BrickBaller

Number of posts : 1665
Registration date : 2010-05-07

How to remove instrument cluster? Empty
PostSubject: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Sorry first grampa series - can't find the book ATM. I see two small holes that feel like they have a spring clip behind them, but it still doesn't want to budge.

Figured I'd ask before I just started either forcing it or taking apart everything around it.
Back to top Go down
manbeard
Super Moderator
manbeard

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

FIRST GEN 740s? YEAAAAAA

so you have the plastic panels on the bottom corners of the cluster. pry them off with a small screw driver. then you'll have two phillips heads screws under them. take them out, and its like 3 plugs to get the cluster seperate from the harness.
Back to top Go down
BrickBaller

BrickBaller

PostSubject: Re: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Not first gen... it's a 91

Although I am a complete noob to 700 so maybe I just need to look again.
Back to top Go down
BrickBaller

BrickBaller

PostSubject: Re: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:16 pm

still stuck - frustration setting in. must be beer thirty.
Back to top Go down
BrickBaller

BrickBaller

PostSubject: Re: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Got it - if you remove the right side dash vents (as you're sitting in there) and bend back the air duct you can get to the retaining clip even with my big ol' hands.

Pushing the screwdriver into the release hole moves the clip maybe 1/4", I pried it WAY back maybe 1/2-3/4" plus and it finally released.

Once you get one side the other is easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to remove instrument cluster?   How to remove instrument cluster? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to remove instrument cluster?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BrickSpeed :: Volvo Talk :: Maintenance-
Jump to: