Tire Size Question Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

BrickSpeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BrickSpeed

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please Visit our new forum at http://forums.brickspeed.net

Tire Size Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jeh

jeh

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I recently found some new wheels. 17x7 in Arrakis from an S80 so this will be a slight upgrade from the 16in wheels I have on there now.

Question.

The standard +1 would be 215/45/17 but I was wondering if anyone knows will the 225/45/17s fit without rolling the fenders ect. I am ruuning the IPD/TME spings so the car is lowered but I have the adjustable panhard rod and have centered the axle. I also have 25mm spacers in the front and 32mm rear

My concern is the shitty road I live on give me some severe axle articulation and I don't want to rub. I think the 225's will physically fit but not without issues on th shitty road.

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
BrickBaller

BrickBaller

Number of posts : 1665
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Roll the fender lip!
Back to top Go down
jeh

jeh

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Id rather not do that. I am going to go to few tire stores and look for a couple in both sizes from there take off pile. ( read throw aways) I figure if someone already paid them to take them away and I take them away....Profit.

I have access to a tire machine at the shop so its just my time.
Back to top Go down
jeh

jeh

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I found 1 lol only 1 used tire and I had to borrow it. It was a 235/45/17 and it fit nice on the front but it would have been rubbing bad off road so I will go with the 215-45's and I thnk they will look good.
Back to top Go down
GhengisKhan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:26 am

I believe 235 is too wide for a 7 inch tire. Stick with 215 or 225 - but it looks like you know what you're doing now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Size Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Size Question   Tire Size Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Size Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BrickSpeed :: Volvo Talk :: Maintenance-
Jump to: