BrickSpeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrickSpeed

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please Visit our new forum at http://forums.brickspeed.net

700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coupe' o Doom

Coupe' o Doom

Number of posts : 1902
Registration date : 2010-05-07

700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? Empty
PostSubject: 700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?   700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 am

in order to complete this 780 i need to learn: how/where to tap into 700 fuse box, what parts of it are lit all the time/lit while KP2 or 3/off while KP3 but lit while KP2. some of that i can learn on my own with the DMM i guess. i don't know why the 780 fuse box scares me so much, fear of breaking stuff removing it mostly. radio already turns off and on at will, speaker shorting in the door, etc but all that is of secondary importance to wiring up the control side of the fan controller and associated status light.

also the car has an alarm of unknown origin. i am going hunting for the box under the dash this afternoon. some 700 cars got an "immobilizer" system which makes me apprehensive about removal.
Back to top Go down
Coupe' o Doom

Coupe' o Doom

PostSubject: Re: 700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?   700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:04 pm

got in, lurking about.

the wiring here is hoopty-licious, complete with no ground for the radio and wiring stuffed into the fuse holes from the top.

TOTALLY AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Shifted
Super Moderator
Shifted

Number of posts : 2515
Registration date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: 700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?   700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Under-dash spaghetti, be glad it didn't burn down yet.

IIRC just about all auxiliary circuits (lights, radio, lighter) kick off when kp3.

At least on the 900, it is so...
Back to top Go down
Coupe' o Doom

Coupe' o Doom

PostSubject: Re: 700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?   700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Shifted wrote:
Under-dash spaghetti, be glad it didn't burn down yet.

IIRC just about all auxiliary circuits (lights, radio, lighter) kick off when kp3.

At least on the 900, it is so...
yes there's some bare copper and cut stuff in here courtesy of -guess who-. and we know why the radio is flaky with the shady grounds.

the ACE alarm is tied in deep and has like 9000 wires poking out of it. lights sirens blinkers horn the whole nine yards. Shocked might just have to leave that shit alone and the radio out for now til i get the basics covered.

fan controller wants good steady voltage for ign signal, not on-off-on. something that stays on once i hit KP2 and beyond. i am thinking the heated o2/in-tank @ #11.

now might be a grand time to pop the cluster and try to ascertain why the fuel gauge and clock donut work. suspect: burnt trace on FCB caused by fail to ground replaced in-tank, tank pump finds ground through fuel gauge, and burns trace. some good news on this front is that i not only have a entire spare 780 cluster on hand, i also have a parts cluster as well, some red LED lighting... lets not dig into the 5bar oil pressure for nao tho being the SENDER is down by the TURBO folding arms

oh damn, what did i step in (squish) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?   700 (780) electrical/wiring protips? Empty

Back to top Go down

700 (780) electrical/wiring protips?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BrickSpeed :: Volvo Talk :: Maintenance-
Jump to: