BrickSpeed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrickSpeed

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please Visit our new forum at http://forums.brickspeed.net

volvo esta muy mal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
manbeard
Super Moderator
manbeard

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-05-06

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:52 pm

So the volvo is messing up still. I made a video to show whats going on to kinda help diagnose it.

the first clip (start - 0:14) is inside the car around the passenger dash. every time I hit the gas, it hesitates and then revs. while it hesitates, i can hear a sucking sound coming from the inside of the car. sounds like a vacuum leak?

the second clip (0:15 - 0:48) is obviously in the engine bay. when it revs up, thats with the pedal all the way down. you can hear it popping and stuff while its dieing. When it pops like that, you can see the hose directly in front of the camera (attached to the intake) move as if its sucking air or something.

The third clip (0:49 - end) is with the exhaust unbolted. The way it was acting, it seemed as if the cat was clogged or something. the rough idle starts only when the car is fully warmed up and doing the bogging down stuff. when I touch the gas, it smooths out as if nothing is wrong.

i'm completely stumped!

the sucking noise, i'm guessing is a vacuum leak. are there any vac hoses going into the dash area behind there?

Last edited by 240T man on Thu May 20, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed embed)
Back to top Go down
WolfDK
WolfDK

Number of posts : 233

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Vacuum hose for the boost gauge is leaking ? Cant see on the movie clip if its a turbo, so just a guess.
Back to top Go down
manbeard
Super Moderator
manbeard

Number of posts : 256

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:23 pm

WolfDK wrote:
Vacuum hose for the boost gauge is leaking ? Cant see on the movie clip if its a turbo, so just a guess.

no turbo on this one yet. n/a.
Back to top Go down
Shifted
Super Moderator
Shifted

Number of posts : 2515

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Bad brake booster check valve?

Dunno, does sound like a vacuum leak someplace...

Heater control vacuum hoses are in there too, maybe check those check valves (under the hood) and pull the knee bolsters to see if everything still looks hooked up, maybe pinpoint the location of the sound.
Back to top Go down
WolfDK
WolfDK

Number of posts : 233

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Shifted wrote:
Bad brake booster check valve?

Dunno, does sound like a vacuum leak someplace...

Heater control vacuum hoses are in there too, maybe check those check valves (under the hood) and pull the knee bolsters to see if everything still looks hooked up, maybe pinpoint the location of the sound.

+1

When car NA and you hear air whistle inside the car, my guess is a bad brake booster. Try plugging off the hose to the brake booster, beware that your braking abilities are severely limited with brake booster disconnected.
Back to top Go down
smokeyfan1000

smokeyfan1000

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-05

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Motor is "hunting" sounds like. I had a 245 that idled ike that. I think it was the FPR(I 'm parting it out now). It would run like hella , but idled rough like that.

But I think I hear a vacuum leak for sure.

BTW, you may have more than one problem/thing going on at one time too. had that fool me before .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

volvo esta muy mal Empty
PostSubject: Re: volvo esta muy mal   volvo esta muy mal Empty

Back to top Go down

volvo esta muy mal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BrickSpeed :: Volvo Talk :: Maintenance-
Jump to: